When an issue emerges within your chimney system, it demands the keen observation and intuitive skills of experts to pinpoint the root cause and rectify it. Our skilled technicians have encountered a myriad of chimney-related problems, encompassing a vast range of possibilities. If you encounter a challenge, we stand ready to provide assistance.
Dealing with Smoke in Chimneys
The occurrence of smoke within a chimney can arise from both simple factors (such as user oversight) and more complex ones. Our technicians possess the capability to diagnose the source of the smoking issue and implement the necessary measures to eliminate it.
The National Fire Protection Association 211 Inspection Standards has established the Chimneys, Fireplaces, Vents and Solid Fuel-burning Appliances Code, 2016 (NFPA 211, 2016) which provides the foundation for many state and city codes. The NFPA 211, 2016 combined with local jurisdiction amendments form the state codes. The full document can be accessed here. All Phase Chimney adheres to these standards.
1) Annual inspection.
2) During routine cleaning of the chimney flue.
3) At the time of replacement of one or more connected appliances with an equal number of appliances of similar type, input rating, and efficiency.
1) Addition or removal of one or more connected appliances, or upon replacement of an appliance with one or more dissimilar type, input rating, or efficiency.
2) Prior to relining of a flue or replacement of flue lining.
3) Upon a sale or transfer of the property.
4) After a building or chimney fire, weather or seismic event, or other incident likely to have caused damage to the chimney.
1) Where necessary for the investigation of a building or chimney fire, weather or seismic event, or other incident known to have caused damage to the chimney or building.
2) Where a hazard detected or suspected as the result of a Level I or II inspection cannot be fully evaluated without access to concealed areas.
In addition to chimney inspections, chimney sweeping stands is a vital component of your yearly maintenance routine. Whenever the time comes for your annual sweeping, simply get in touch with us. We will diligently perform a meticulous cleaning with a Level 1 inspection.
Experiencing water infiltration into your chimney system? Don't hesitate to reach out to us! We will identify the root causes of the issue and repair your chimney. Among solutions is the application of a breathable waterproof sealant which can substantially prolong the durability of your masonry, effectively preventing troublesome chimney leaks from occurring.
The flue liner in your fireplace or stove holds a crucial role in ensuring safe functionality. If your liner is compromised or if your older chimney lacks one altogether, don't hesitate to contact us. We're equipped to provide the installation of a high-quality new liner that guarantees years of secure and efficient enjoyment.
Chimney Cap & Damper Installation
Chimney caps and dampers assume vital functions within your system, ranging from safeguarding against water intrusion to enhancing energy efficiency. Should your cap or damper be in disrepair and necessitate replacement, our skilled technicians are ready to suggest top-notch solutions and conduct expert installations for your peace of mind.